In our clinic we have three function divisions; General Surgery, Transplantation (Kidney and Liver), and Burn.
The diagnosis and treatment processes for all patients are carried out with the recent scientific knowledge and by using modern technological facilities. Treatment choices are determined by considering all the medical and social properties of the each individual and the choice is decided together with the patient. The major diseases that are treated in our clinic are;
• End stage liver and kidney diseases (for both adult and pediatric patients)
• Acute fulminant hepaic failure (for both adult and pediatric patients)
• Hepatic diseases (treatment of benign and malignant tumors)
• Gall bladder and bile duct diseases
• Pancreas diseases
• Gastrointestinal system diseases (osephagus, gastric and small intestine diseases)
• Morbid obesity (Bariatric surgery)
• Large bowel (colon and rectum) diseases
• Inflammatory bowel diseases
• Appendix diseases
• Anus and perianal diseases (Hemorrhoid disease, anal fissure, anal fistulae, rectocel, gaita incontinence, perianal abcess, )
• Pilonidal sinus diseases
• Breast diseases (breast saving surgery and oncoplastic suregry)
• Endocrine system diseases (thyroid, parathyroid, and surrenal gland diseases)
• Hernias (inguinal, umbilical, operation incision site hernia etc. )
• Acute burn injury (for pediatric and adult patients)
Minimal invasive surgical procedures are oftenly made and takes place primarily among the surgical methods carried about in our clinic. Minimal invasive surgical procedures include; laparoscopy (gall bladder and bile duct diseases, pancreas diseases, large bowel disease [colon and rectum], appendix diseases, gastric and intestinal diseases, surrenal gland diseases, hernias), single port laparoscopy (SILS), minimal invasive endocrine surgery (thyroid, parathyroid diseases). These methods have advantages besides effective treatment such as post operative less pain, shorter duration of hospitalization and fewer operation scares.
Destruction of the regionally advanced cancers at their sites that are non-operable (nano knife/ electroporation) process is carried out in our clinic. Also for some peritoneal carcinomatosis patents HIPEC procesedure is carried out too.
Our clinic also includes Organ Transplantation (Liver and kidney) and Burn Unit which has high experience. Both clinics are founded by Dr Mehmet Haberal (he is the active president of The Transplantation Society [2018-2020] and past president of The International Society for Burn Injuries [2006-2008]). Liver and kidney transplantations from living and deceased donors are carried aout in our clinic for both pediatric and adult patients. We also transplanted several foreign patients from their relatives.