Thoracic Surgery Division provides comprehensive care for adult and pediatric patients with the latest diagnostic techniques and treatment methods. In collaboration with Oncology, Chest Diseases and Radiology specialists, we apply a multidisciplinary approach to patients. In Thoracic Surgery, diagnosis and treatment of diseases of intra-thoracic organs are performed.
Diseases within the Treatment Area of Thoracic Surgery
• Lung cancers, metastatic tumors of lung (treatment with open and videothoracoscopic surgery)
• Chest wall tumors
• Correction of chest wall deformities (Pectus excavatum, pectus carinatum)
• Cystic and inflammatory diseases of the lung (lung hydatid cyst, lung air cyst, bronchiectasis)
• Other tumors outside the lung and within the thoracic cavity (pleural tumors, mediastinal tumors)
• Tracheal tumors
• Diaphragmatic diseases (congenital and acquired hernias of diaphragm, diaphragm paralysis)
• Pleural diseases (effusions, pneumothorax)
• Hand and axiller sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
• Pathologically enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes
• Esophagial tumors
• Thoracic outlet syndrome
• Thoracic trauma (e.g. rib fracture, contusion, hemathorax)
All surgical procedures for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes of thoracic surgery (e.g. open surgery, videothoracoscopic surgery, correction of chest wall deformity, mediastinoscopy, mediastinotomy, rigid or flexıble bronchoscopy) are performed in our unit.
We almost complete procudere for lung transplantation.